1 the rate of moving (especially walking or running) [syn: pace]
2 a horse's manner of moving
3 a person's manner of walking
manner of walking
horse's way of moving
- Finnish: askellaji
- French: allure
- To teach a specific gait to a horse.
The word may also refer to one of the following.
- GAIT (wireless), a standard to enable cross-operation of wireless telephone technologies.
- GAIT (wireless) stands for GSM-ANSI Interoperability Team, which developed the GAIT standard
- GAIT is an acronym for Generally Accepted IT Principles
- GAIT is an acronym for Global Association for Instrumental Transcommunication, with paranormal researcher Dale Palmer (info after polish paranormal magazine "Nieznany Świat" - "Unknown world")
- GAIT is an acronym for the Guide to Assessment of IT Risk
- Gait is the last name of Canadian lacrosse players, twin brothers Paul Gait and Gary Gait.
gait in Polish: Chód
gait in Russian: Ходьба
amble, bat, career, celerity, clip, drag, droop, flounce, gallop, hitch, hobble, jog, lick, limp, lock step, lurch, mince, mincing steps, pace, paddle, piaffer, prance, progress, quickness, rack, rapidity, rate, roll, saunter, scuttle, shamble, shuffle, sidle, single-foot, slink, slither, slouch, slowness, stagger, stalk, step, stride, stroll, strolling gait, strut, swagger, swiftness, swing, toddle, totter, travel, tread, trot, velocity, waddle, walk